Fashion design is the art of applying design, aesthetics, clothing construction and natural beauty to clothing and its accessories. It is influenced by culture and and has varied over time and place. "A fashion designer creates clothing, including dresses for consumers. She can specialize in clothing, accessory, or jewelry design, or may work in more than one of these areas."
For the past 12 years, BOMBSHELL PINUP has served up thousands of custom handmade designs to clients all around the world.
For the most part, it’s been the work of one woman and her two kids and three cats. I want to keep doing this for another decade, but the kitties, the studio, and me (the woman behind the scissors and sewing machines) could use some help.
To turn back the hands of time and keep my shop growing, I’m starting a Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/LadyClaire It’s perfect for those who can and would like to contribute. For those who haven’t heard of Patreon, here’s a short video that explains what it’s about:
- Patreon is a method of crowdfunding that lets you donate a couple dollars per month to support digital creators.
- Your sponsorship gets you some value and some input as well. Example: My sponsors are able to get on a call with me to chat and let me know what topics I should cover, or what questions I should answer, in my next post or video. In the future I’m hoping to add more kick-ass perks for my supporters.
- Your support goes directly towards maintaining and developing the site (I’ll explain further down this page)
- You can cancel at any time.
BOMBSHELL PINUP was started in 2009 in a tiny apartment. My babies were small and I was just starting to design my custom collection. What started out as a couple of tube tops and swing dresses turned into my passion and career.
Why use Patreon? My goals:
The thing is, there’s only so far you can go, and so much you can grow, with a very limited budget from very limited revenue. There are three main reasons why I want to turn to crowdfunding:
- Better Equipment: BOMBSHELL PINUP is a one woman operation and I am reaching only about 1,000 clients every single day, and my equipment is crawling at times. Sometimes It’s taking visitors 10-12 seconds to load a page. A lot of people simply leave part way through, which hurts my businesses bottom line, and don’t get me started on search rankings. Sometimes, especially the back-end of the site, feels like I’m never going to finish editing. uploading or fixing it. I need a better host, capable of handling my growing traffic.
- The growth in video: More and more new clients are turning to videos or vlogs, rather than articles or blogs. And why shouldn’t they? High speed internet is now in everyone’s hand, and videos can often do a much better job of showing, teaching, and explaining things than the average article can. I want to create my studio’s best how-tos and informative articles into videos aimed at helping my clients understand my design process. That’s taking my studio to the next level by way of angel investment in the right equipment and software.
- Employees: My studio is set to grow and I will not be able to operate on my own without the assistance of employees much longer. By hiring employees that will really launch BOMBSHELL PINUP into a new level.